CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 13, 2008

What a Week!


Whew...what a week. As I mom....well all I can say is I am glad this week is over...


Since I have the pic of the pool up I will start there. This week Jerin and Jenna had swim lessons with Sandy Back. It was so nice. It was pretty much one on one instruction in her home pool. The girls had a blast and they are very proud of their accomplishments.




For me it was a bit of a challenge. I had to haul all of the kids to swim lessons, try to keep Jarrett and the baby and one of the girls entertained at all times, while the other took their lesson. Jenna's lesson was from 3:15-3:45 and Jerin's was from 3:45-4:15. I did get smart on day two and stop at Sonic on the way and get 1/2price slushes....which was nice because it was HOT out there. Sandy Back has a beyond beautiful yard. She is a master gardener I found out so her yard is her passion, and it reflects how talented she is. I had a bit of fun taking pics of the kids and the flowers in her yards while we were waiting.








Not only did we have swim lessons this week. But Jarrett and Jerin also had VBS at church. The theme this year was Son Harvest, and it was like a county fair type thing. All of the kids brought change and money from home and were able to purchase a pregnant cow for a family in Africa. Once the baby is weaned the family then sells it and is able to have milk for the next year. Seems like a pretty neat program and the kids learned not only about giving, but a little about livestock and agriculture as well.








So swim lessons and VBS, you would think that would be all this week right....well you should all know me better than that....oh no...


We also had Jerin's t-ball two nights this week. She seems to be enjoying it, although it is HOT out there, Kaitlin is on her team and that makes her super happy.
Here I sit, it is 11pm on Friday night and I am soooo glad this week is over. I am exhausted, and would LOVE to sleep in tomorrow, but as we know, a mommy's job is never done....I just wonder which kid will be up first, my money is on Jenna this time.
Soon to come on Milam family news and views....a sneak peak into our first camping trip with the camper and our fresh from the field corn stealing adventure pics.....
Enjoy!










0 comments: