I am thinking I will be starting a Texas Travel Blog pretty soon to document our trips. We have been going somewhere in the camper every weekend and LOVING IT!
Last weekend we went to the Yogi Bear Jellystone Park in Canyon Lake. It was a bit crowded but it is summer, so I guess it was to be expected. We left EARLY Friday morning and went to work with Chris at 3M in Austin. The kids and I sat in the camper while he worked. Until about 12:15 when for some reason the generator quit. It got hot FAST but we survived an hour till Chris was done. From there we headed to Canyon Lake, what should have been a pretty short little jog over turned out to take about 3 HOURS. Gotta love Austin traffic. The campground was awesome and so totally kid friendly. They had 2 pools, pedal cars, playground, a list of weekend activities....I think it would be a blast to go and just hang out at the campground. BUT....we didn't. Saturday we got up and rented 2 of the big four seater pedal cars for 30 min...and 30 min was more than enough to get a weeks worth of workout. WHEW!

After we recovered from that adventure we decided to take off the the river, well we couldn't find anywhere that wasn't crawling with young people dedicated to drinking themselves into a stupor before lunch....that is how we ended up at Schlitterbahn, SO NOT ON THE AGENDA....but it turned out to be A LOT OF FUN and the kids had a blast.Sunday we packed up and headed home....
Next, tomorrow we head out for Fredericksburg...I will let you know how that trip goes when we return...
Next week we have dance camp again and then we head to the Yogi Bear Jellystone park in Waller, woo hoo!
0 comments:
Post a Comment